Beef Chap Chye
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 stalks of parsley stem
- 1 wongbok
- 1 pack taupok - pre rinse and soak with boiling water for 10 mins. Discard water
- 1 pack beancurd skin - pre rinse and soak with boiling water for 10 mins. Discard water
- 2 tbsp small dried Wood ear fungus soak in water for 4 hours
- 10 dried mushrooms soak in water for 4 hours
- 4 scoops of liquid from soaking the mushrooms
- 6 small bundles of tanghoon
- 1tbsp fermented bean sauce
- 1.5 shanghai red fermented beancurd
- 4 tbsp shanghai fermented bean paste / tao jiew
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1kg beef shortplate -- >> https://goodmeatco.sg/collections/frozen/products/beef-shortplate
- Cut shortplate into 2inches pieces
- Stir fry shortplate to render out some beef fats. Remove and set aside when cooked.
- Stir fry garlic and parsley stems till fragrant with residual oil in the pan.
- Add fermented bean sauce, fermented beancurd sauce and fish sauce.
- Add mushrooms and wood ear fungus.
- Stir in wong bok stem and 4 scoops of mushroom water to cook till tender.
- Stir in wongbok leaves and tang hoon, let simmer till soft
- Add more bean sauce, bean paste or fish sauce to balance flavors when needed.