Beef Hor Fun with sliced picanha and rosbiff
BEEF HOR FUN
Pack on the flavors with rendered beef fat and silverskin trimmings.
- 400g Horfun
- 150g Bean sprouts/taugeh
- 150g Slice beef
- 100g Beef fats/tallow
Augustus Rump Cap/Picanha -- >> https://goodmeatco.sg/collections/halalbeef/products/augustus-picanha
- Light soy sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Hua tiao jiu/Chine cooking wine
- White Pepper
- Prepare horfun, blanch with hot water, drain and set aside
- Render beef fat, add in beef trimmings/sliced beef/leftover roast beef and stir fry till its evenly char. Add light olive oil if you have insufficient beef fats. Order here -->>
- Add bean sprouts/taugeh/chives/spring onion, top off with soy sauce, sugar, chinese cooking wine/shaoxing wine, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Chilli paste optional to your liking. Cook and stir thoroughly
- Add horfun and top off with dark soy sauce. Stir/toss constantly, use a blow torch to get some crispy burnt edges. Do not cook for too long, horfun will clump together over time with heat.
- Top off with more sliced beef or not, I used leftovers from a rossbiff roast. Char further with a blowtorch if you like.